Immersed is building on Polygon to bring the world's economy into VR
Throughout the course of human history, there have been key advancements in technology that supercharged how we learn and get work done. The printing press revolutionized how books, newspapers, and other printed materials could be produced at scale. The computer made it easy to automate the back office, solve complex simulations, and send humans to space. The Internet democratized access to information, transformed how we connect, and launched a new online economy. All of these advancements have increasingly made us more productive with our time while also expanding our knowledge and throughput. Immersed is taking the next step in our evolution of work by blending our physical and digital realities to transform how we work, connect, and earn.
Immersed is a VR platform where businesses and remote teams spend over 40 hours per week in augmented and virtual reality for optimal productivity. We are the highest-rated work application on the virtual reality app store. Our vision is to create a future where humanity is able to work anywhere and however they want without the constraints of the physical office. Immersed brings together the key technologies needed to remove the barriers of remote work and empower social presence and collaboration, with the ultimate goal of enabling people worldwide to be more equipped and together.
Work anywhere without the constraints of a physical office while empowering social connection.
During the pandemic, companies had to re-imagine what the future of work looks like, and we have realized that both in-person and remote collaboration must be transformed. Immersed has partnered with Meta, Microsoft, ByteDance, HTC, and other tech giants to launch VR offices, and create a future where people still feel connected. See us on TIME, The New Yorker, Wired, and Fortune where they talk about how users work in VR 40-50hrs per week using Immersed.
Immersed is known for its powerful virtual environments and focused productivity tools, enabling users to spawn up to five high-resolution, low-latency screens. However, in order to foster community in the virtual world, three things are needed: social presence, persistence, and shared experiences. These three attributes help define a metaverse or a persistent virtual world.
Immersed is building a community-driven virtual world to bring the world’s economy into augmented and virtual reality. The Immersed VR application consists of three core products:
- 1.ImmersedOS: The core technology that powers our virtual reality app, enabling users to spend long periods of time with their screens & devices in VR.
- 2.Immersed Marketplace: A virtual marketplace that connects builders of Immersed assets to buyers. These assets come in the form of non-fungible tokens.
- 3.OpenWorld SDK: Our OpenWorld SDK, built on Unity's game engine, will allow builders to import 3D objects (such as environments, furniture, or accessories) into the Immersed virtual world.
We are allowing Immersed citizens to work in and build virtual versions of real-life cities such as Manhattan, Los Angeles, Honolulu, and more. These citizens can create businesses, rent their property, and build out a new digital economy that models real-world business habits. As a company, we are looking to build the first practical virtual world where users can work, connect, and earn. Our Immersed virtual world will introduce new use cases for utility, giving professionals and corporations a new forum to safely connect and transact with one another. As we build out our virtual world and community of citizens, we are set to embark on a vast journey that expands technological barriers and gives professionals across industries a new way to transact, interact, and collaborate.
Polygon is the leading blockchain development platform, offering scalable, affordable, secure, and sustainable blockchains for Web3. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to major scaling solutions including L2 (ZK Rollups & Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid, stand-alone, & enterprise chains, and data availability. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 37,000+ decentralized applications hosted,1.94B+ total transactions processed, 164M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured. The network is home to some of the biggest Web3 projects such as Aave, Uniswap, OpenSea, and well-known enterprises including Meta, Stripe, and Adobe. Polygon is carbon neutral with the goal of leading the Web3 ecosystem in becoming carbon negative.
This powerful technology allows Immersed to offer our users the cheapest, fastest, and most secure way to transact with their digital assets in an ever-increasing digital world.
One of the most important elements of Immersed’s metaverse will be the ease of use to transact on the platform. That’s what we love the most about Polygon: the backing of a fast & powerful network that offers reduced fees without sacrificing high-speed scalability & security. Each component of Polygon gives us the confidence that our metaverse will be able to support the needs of individuals, communities, and everything in between.
In order to understand why Immersed has delved into the world of Web3 and is leveraging the power of non-fungible tokens, it's important to understand two fundamental elements:
- Digital Ownership: All assets purchased or created through the Immersed metaverse are owned by users. Thanks to blockchain technology, these assets remain with owners no matter what happens to the Immersed platform. With true ownership, users are able to utilize, buy, and sell digital assets at their discretion.
- Security: Due to the immutable and decentralized nature of the blockchain, items minted through the blockchain are protected from a high degree of fraud and the overreach of centralization. This is not to say that fraud in the form of clones and bots do exist in the ecosystem, but blockchain technology, in our case, Ethereum, does a great job of protecting these scarce digital assets.
- Become virtual real estate developers & buy custom virtual real estate.
- Build custom-made property alongside world-class virtual architects.
- Host virtual events & experiences on your virtual real estate, such as classes, lectures, boot camps, networking events, or conferences.
- Host virtual entertainment events such as stand-up comedy, concerts, happy hours, & celebrity/influencer meet-ups.
- Work in your own custom VR office.
- Work in a large VR company office with their entire team or company.
- Set up virtual billboards & advertisements on your virtual real estate to make passive revenue as users visit it.